The company runs on principles of innovation and attention to detail. Consumers appreciate this in the sturdy construction and the ease of use of their products.
This expertise is manifested in the NOCO Genius G4.
The multiple safety features emphasize the brand’s attention to detail, while the interactive nature showcases the innovative side of the battery.
Key Specifications of NOCO Genius G4The charger is capable of charging small batteries. That includes motorcycles, scooters, ATVs, snowmobiles, and power wheels up to 40Ah.
It has mechanisms in place to ensure that the batteries that it charges last as long as they need to.
The product has numerous safety features, such as reverse-polarity protection and spark-proof technology.
This significantly limits the risk of a fire, and it also protects against overheating and short-circuits.
Another feature is an optimized mode, which is great for charging and maintaining lithium-ion batteries while also extending their lifespan.
The charger can modify the charging cycle based on the needs of the battery to maximize the performance and life of the batteries.
It can also detect when the battery is full and maintain it. It does not overcharge, which could actually shorten the lifespan of the battery.
|Waterproofing||Has an IP64 certification, which ensures protection from water damage|
|Compatible batteries||Compatible with most of the market offerings
Gel, deep cycle, and marine
|Voltage compatibility||6V and 12V batteries|
Check out this video for more information:
How to Use NOCO Genius G4
To safely and adequately charge a battery, you should follow the following steps:
- Ensure the battery clamps are correctly connected and the AC power plug is connected to an outlet.
- Turn on the charger by pressing the power button labeled ON.
- At this point, the charger will be in STANDBY mode. This will be indicated by a green LED light on the charger. In this mode, it is not putting out any current to the battery.
- Proceed by pressing the MODE button. From the options presented, select the mode that best suits the needs of your battery. This will initiate the charging process.
- With the mode selected, you will observe a red LED for NORM or a blue LED for COLD. The charge LEDs will then activate to indicate the capacity in percentages, showing 25, 50, 75, or 100%. When this occurs, the battery charging process has commenced.
- After the battery is fully charged, all the LEDs will have a solid color – red, green, and blue. This is the indicator that all the batteries are fully charged.
- Since the charger has green maintenance capabilities, it is recommended to regularly check up on the battery when it is plugged in.
- For every other battery, ensure you follow this process.
Warranty and Repairs
NOCO does offer a warranty on this product. However, it is limited in what it can cover. The warranty covers the product for a maximum of five years.
For the first two and a half years, the warranty comes at no charge, provided the user has a receipt.
For the next 2 and a half years, a customer with a receipt will be charged 35% of the MSRP. For a customer without a receipt, he/she will be charged 45% of the MSRP.
The warranty will be considered void if:
- The unit was operated in parameters exceeding its capacity, for example, in excessive heat.
- It was not installed in accordance with the outlined procedures.
- The product is disassembled by anyone other than NOCO technicians.
- The purchaser does not register the product.
- It was not properly stored.
The warranty does not cover:
- Aesthetic damage that does not interfere with the operation of the device.
- Wear and tear within the normal range.
- Units that have had the serial number tampered with.
Visit this site to find out more about submitting a claim on your warranty here>
Customer Review Analysis
The reception of this product is overwhelmingly positive, and many customers praise the charger for its versatility.
It is compatible with many of the batteries found in a lot of household appliances.
It also saves customers money, as they do not have to get multiple chargers for use in different circumstances.
The de-sulfate features are appreciated by many consumers for the extension of battery life it offers. The LEDs also push the consumers to purchase, as it allows them to keep track of the charging process.
Pros and Cons of NOCO Genius G4
- Saves on energy when full power is not needed
- Has optimization capabilities which help lengthen the life of the battery
- Numerous safety features
- Not great for large batteries
- Can be complicated to understand
Who Should Buy
This charger is excellent for anyone looking to charge their batteries safely.
The versatility offered and the variety of batteries it can charge will be greatly appreciated. It can charge batteries ranging from lithium to wet lead-acid.
The safety features make it great for domestic use, while the maintenance features make it great for use in commercial spaces.
This charger is easy to recommend.
The safety features will give anyone peace of mind when operating it, especially if using it near young ones.
The maintenance features will be appreciated, given how much they are capable of extending the life of the battery.
However, the downside is that the LEDs may be difficult to understand, but that can be overcome by investing a little bit of time into using it.
All in all, there is little that could go wrong when you choose this charger.