The safety features will ensure that users are as safe as can be in their operation.
Key Specifications of NOCO Genius G1100The charger limits the amount of power flowing through to the battery, especially in the maintenance phase of the charging process. This has an effect of saving energy and thus money.
The charger is powerful enough to adequately service small batteries like those found in motorcycles, snowmobiles, scooters, and even power wheels.
It does not handle large batteries, such as those found in trucks.
It can comfortably charge a variety of batteries, such as dry batteries like lithium batteries, gel batteries, and wet batteries like lead-acid batteries.
The product is easy to use as the charger has a plug and uses features, which make it a breeze to charge commonly found batteries.
The charger has an advanced monitoring system that keeps track of the charging process and maintains the battery to prevent damage from overcharging.
It is safe to use due to its safety features spark-proof and reverse polarity protection.
This product also has an optimized mode that safely and comfortably charges lithium batteries and maintains them once their threshold has been reached.
For more information check out this video:
How to use NOCO Genius G1100
The charging times for this charger vary with the size of the battery being charged.
The smallest taking about 3.6 hours and the largest about 18.2 hours.
To properly and safely make use of this charger, follow these steps:
- Check on the health of the battery before commencing the charging process. This includes checking metrics such as voltage and the health of the battery.
- If required, when the battery has had sulfation, you should initiate the recovery process. This is achieved through pulsating small amounts of current to the battery over time.
- The next step involves raising the battery power to about 80%. The charger will fill up the battery in the conventional means, through passing current to the battery.
- From there, you raise the power of the battery from 80% to about 90%. This is achieved by delivering small amounts to the battery and ensures power is safe and as efficient as possible.
- In this step, the battery is brought to full capacity, and optimization, through a multi-layered approach to fully recapture, which improves the battery’s lifespan as well as its performance. On maintenance mode, the charger will deliver only the amount of power required.
The step is to periodically monitor the battery to determine the amount of power required.
Depending on the state of the battery, the charger will cycle through optimization and maintenance.
This is done to ensure the battery is at full charge.
Warranty and Repairs
The warranty offered by the NOCO company is not a comprehensive one. It doesn’t cover:
- Products where the serial number has been defaced
- Aesthetic damage does not limit the functionality of the product.
- Wear and tear within the normal range.
The warranty can be void if:
- The customer did not register the product when it was purchased.
- The product was taken apart or repaired by technicians that were not from NOCO.
- If the product has been used in stresses that are not within the guidelines stipulated by the user manual.
- The product was stored improperly or was involved in an accident.
The costs of the warranty vary between people with receipts and those without. For people with receipts, for the first 2 and a half years, there is no charge subjected to them.
However, for the warranty to remain valid, the customer has to pay 35% of the MSRP.
For those without receipts, they have to pay 45% of the MSRP to have a valid warranty for five years.
Customer Review Analysis
Most of the buyers of this product are happy with the overall quality of the charger.
The charger is compatible with most of the batteries.
However, some of the buyers were disappointed the charger did not come with an adapter.
People are happy with its performance, but some are disappointed it cannot handle larger batteries.
Pros and Cons of NOCO Genius G1100
- Easy to use
- Safe owing to the variety of safety features
- Versatile due to its weatherproof nature
- Does not charge larger batteries
- Has no adapters out of the box
Who Should Buy
This charger is excellent for people with small batteries, such as those used in snowmobile and scooters.
They will get great utility out of it.
People with kids have little to worry about as the battery has spark-proof technology, which limits the chance of a fire.
For people who have a problem with the technical side, they can rest easy as it is as simple as plug and play.
This is even improved by the on-board diagnostic tool that makes it even easier to understand.
People with large batteries, such as those used in recreation vehicles and trucks, should avoid this battery as they are not large enough to give them proper utility.
People operating machines with small batteries such as ATVs and snowmobiles will find these scooters quite helpful.
They charge relatively fast, and their optimization and maintenance technology will be quite useful in extending the life of the battery.